Like most other investors, you are probably interested in adding gold and silver to your investment portfolio. Precious metals, especially gold and silver, are known to be liquid and universally in demand. Of course, you need to be a tad more careful while placing the first couple of orders. Gold and silver can be purchased in a number of ways, but investors are usually keen on coins. Before you check for a coin shop near me, don’t miss these facts.
- Focus on the dealer. As a buyer, you need to be assured that you are getting genuine metals at the right price, and for that, the seller is of utmost importance. Select a licensed dealer, who is genuine and has a good name in the market. They must have bullion coins and must also deal in purchases.
- Know your gold. The purity of gold, as you probably know by now, is measured in carats. Anything that’s 18 karats or more should fetch a competitive price and can be considered worthy of investment. Bullion coins are usually sold at a price higher than the spot price of the metal, which is a fact you need to note.
- Apart from bullion coins, do consider collector’s coins, as well. As the name suggests, these are rare coins, and along with the value of gold, the rarity and uniqueness of the concerned coin also adds to its price. Buying collector’s coin can be a tad risky, because you have to be sure of the genuineness of the product. Also, make sure that you are working with a verified dealer only.
- Understand the evaluation process. Not all dealers have state-certified scales and equipment to measure and grade gold and silver, which is an important consideration. You need to be sure that the price you pay is worth the gold or silver acquired. Check this aspect, and if possible, also find the rating of the dealer as stated by Better Business Bureau.
- Finally, consider investing securities that are based on the prices of precious metals. However, ETFs are not the ideal choice for investors who want tangible assets, so it is always better to take your long-term investment goals into account. If you aim to sell your gold and silver within a short time, physical assets are always better.
Check online now to find the right dealer and don’t shy away from asking questions.